Refresh and Reflect
Whether you take a week, a day or even a few hours every year, it is important to use the time to reflect on what you have achieved toward your vision and set your intention for the coming year. One approach that we find to be very effective is to do an annual version of the Clarity daily check-in.
Before you begin your reflective thoughts, I want to encourage you to begin the year with the Get Clarity for Life and Work retreat where you will discover:
- What’s next in your life journey?
- How to not lose energy and focus as you move towards your vision?
- How do you best serve with your own unique expression?
- How to stop being an accidental tourist in your own life?
- What’s different in the past year? What did you achieve towards your vision? What aligned actions have you taken? Acknowledge all that you have accomplished on your journey.
- What worked in the past year in your performance? Be sure to fully acknowledge and appreciate all that you did to improve your performance. Make a list of all of your actions, thoughts and behaviors that worked. This is a time to acknowledge your performance and celebrate your accomplishments.
- What could you have done differently to be more effective? As you know, this is not a place for self-judgment or criticism. Merely list the facts of your performance and what could have been done more effectively. What are some strategies you can incorporate into your daily life to address these less effective behaviors in the coming year.
- What is the state of your mind? At this moment of annual reflection, what is the state of your mind? Is your mind clear, open, and anticipating the wonder and possibilities of the year to come?
- What is the state of your body? Are you physically comfortable? Are you healthy and fit? Are there areas of stress or discomfort that you need to create strategies to address in the coming year?
- What is the state of your spirit as you approach the next year? Is it light, grateful, expansive, or creative? Let your intuition and your intention access the state of your spirit as you envision what you want for the coming year.
- What are you grateful for? What has happened in the past year that fills you with gratitude? Who are the people who have enriched your experiences this year? Do you have gratitude for all the lessons you have learned this year? Do you feel gratitude for the abundance and flow you have experienced? Is there gratitude for the opportunities you have as this new year begins?
- What is your intention? What are your most expansive intentions for the coming year? Where do you want to put your focus and your aligned actions? Where can you be the most effective to achieving your vision?
- Create a new vision map. This annual check-in will help you refine and refresh your vision. Look at all that you have noted and make a list of anything that can be added to your expanding vision. What do you want to add to your most expansive desires for your work and your life? Add these to your new vision map.
To an energized 2014 where all things are possible,