Playfulness is the light side of romance. Having fun and being light hearted results in a sense of joy and being in the present moment. It is reality based. Romance is defined here as being in fantasy, wishing things to be different than they are, and/or playing the “grass is always greener on the other side of the fence” scenario.
Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature. -Tom Robbins
It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes. -Thomas Aquinas
Questions to ask:
- Where will my focus this week/today be playful?
- What can I do every day to be more playful?
- When am I most playful and how can I bring that into this moment?
- How does excitement, confidence, recreation, vital, receptive and passion relate to playfulness?
- What does playfulness feel like energetically? Notice it: experience that feeling.
To learn more about our Clarity words and using them to make a difference in your daily life, click HERE for a schedule of upcoming classes.