Passion is the light side of obligation. People who are passionate have a “want to” approach to their life and work. They are spirited and carry this inspiration into the organization. Obligation implies a “have to” approach which dulls the spirit of the organization.
There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. -Nelson Mandela
Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you. -Oprah Winfrey
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. -James Joyce
Questions to ask:
- Where am I most lights-on and passionate today?
- What lights-on thought or activity supports my passion?
- Where can my communication express more passion?
- How does excitement, playfulness, confidence, recreation, vital, and receptive relate to passion?
- What does confidence feel like energetically? Notice it: experience that feeling.
To learn more about our Clarity words and using them to make a difference in your daily life, click HERE for a schedule of upcoming classes.