Participate fully means just what it says; all team members are clear about doing what they enjoy and enjoying what they are doing. They are getting the joy that they want from their work through willingly contributing to a shared vision. Compromise means nobody gets what they want. It is a draining energetic sense where everybody loses. Participate fully means everyone gains.
The more you participate in our common endeavors, the more successful your work in the factory, mine, wharf or village, in an economic institute or in the arts, in commerce or administration, the sooner we will be where we all want to be. -Walter Ulbricht
The notion of looking on at life has always been hateful to me. What am I if I am not a participant? In order to be, I must participate. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Questions to ask:
- What do I need to be clear about to participate fully?
- Where does my work bring me joy? What do I need to do or learn to enjoy my work?
- What is the vision/purpose that enlivens me and makes me willing to participate?
- How does dedication, ruthlessness, coaching, collaborative, kind and compassion relate to participating fully?
- What does participating fully feel like energetically? Notice it: experience that feeling.
To learn more about our Clarity words and using them to make a difference in your daily life, click HERE for a schedule of upcoming classes.