Innovation is the light side of imitation. Innovation means taking a look at a possibility with a fresh perspective and seeing a way that it can be improved upon. Imitation is repetition of old patterns. It results in a lack of creativity.
An innovation is one of those things that society looks at and says, if we make this part of the way we live and work, it will change the way we live and work. -Dean Kamen
But innovation comes from people meeting up in the hallways or calling each other at 10:30 at night with a new idea, or because they realized something that shoots holes in how we’ve been thinking about a problem.-Steve Jobs
I once knew a chap who had a system of just hanging the baby on the clothes line to dry and he was greatly admired by his fellow citizens for having discovered a wonderful innovation on changing a diaper.-Damon Runyon
Questions to ask:
- What fresh perspective can I bring to my work today? The most innovative?
- What is the field of all possibility for the situation I face today?
- Where can I do to avoid approaching my day by repeating an ineffective pattern?
- How does high noticing, curiosity, visionary, intuitive, manifesting and clarity relate to innovation?
- What does being innovation feel like energetically? Notice it: experience that feeling.
To learn more about our Clarity words and using them to make a difference in your daily life, click HERE for a schedule of upcoming classes.