Feedback is the light side of gossip. Intra-personal feedback is a natural phenomenon. It is the human system responding to information from the environment, for example if you get cold you shiver. Likewise, inter-personal feedback works best when it mimics a natural model. It is immediate, direct, given face-to-face and relays information obtained through observation. Gossip is delayed, indirect, behind the back, and relays information obtained through opinion and interpretation. The results of gossip create problems and defensiveness. Feedback creates trust and improved performance.
Be Impeccable With Your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love. -Miguel Angel Ruiz
Feedback is the breakfast of champions. -Ken Blanchard
I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better. -Elon Musk
Questions to ask:
- How can I improve my communication to others?
- Where do I gossip? What do I need to do to be more aware and stop it?
- What will make my feedback to others more effective?
- How does authenticity, gratitude, acknowledging, abundant, excellent and Intention relate to feedback?
- What does feedback feel like energetically? Notice it: experience that feeling.
To learn more about our Clarity words and using them to make a difference in your daily life, click HERE for a schedule of upcoming classes.