Enthusiasm is the light side of anxiety.Whenever you focus on what inspires and lights you up, your body responds by releasing endorphins, and you have a relaxed sense of well being. However, if you are in high stress situations, your body responds by releasing adrenaline, which is a draining physiological when it becomes a long term pattern.
Apathy can be overcome by enthusiasm, and enthusiasm can only be aroused by two things: first, an ideal, with takes the imagination by storm, and second, a definite intelligible plan for carrying that ideal into practice. -Arnold J. Toynbee
Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string. Pele
Creativity is a natural extension of our enthusiasm. -Earl Nightingale
Questions to ask:
- What inspires me; fills me with enthusiasm?
- What are things I can do every day that light me up; give me a sense of well being?
- What are things I haven’t done in a while that light me up?
- How does celebration, modeling, willingness, contributing, empowering and force relate to enthusiasm?
- What does enthusiasm feel like energetically? Notice it: experience that feeling.
To learn more about our Clarity words and using them to make a difference in your daily life, click HERE for a schedule of upcoming classes.