Effortlessness is the light side of overdoing. When you choose lights-on activities, there is no feeling of overdoing. Instead, you experience flow. You will notice things fall into place with ease. Synchronicity happens. The right people, events and actions appear. Our culture has a tendency to reinforce overdoing. There is an acceptance of an “I’ll do it even if it kills me” mentality. The results of overdoing are effort, struggle and exhaustion.
We need only remain clear and awake to listen for how things really are, to feel how the smallest changes of energy and attention move in us, in our relationships, in our work. We can learn to follow the spaces between things. Not to fight and push and cajole, but rather simply to wait until the true way reveals itself easily and clearly in this moment. -Wayne Muller
If a warrior is to succeed at anything, the success must come gently, with a great deal of effort but with no stress or obsession. -Carlos Castaneda
Questions to ask:
- What lights-on activities am I choosing today?
- Where in my life and work am I experiencing flow?
- What synchronous events or people have appeared?
- What activities seem like a struggle? What are my strategies to move them to effortlessness?
- How does self-esteem, service, alignment, chaordic, imaginative and integrity relate to effortlessness?
- What does effortlessness feel like energetically? Notice it: experience that feeling.
To learn more about our Clarity words and using them to make a difference in your daily life, click HERE for a schedule of upcoming classes.