Creativity is the light side of motivation. Creativity is the first step towards transformation in systems. It is internally generated and is a spontaneous response to a natural desire to grow. It is adaptive. Motivation is externally generated and is a fearful reaction to a natural desire for protection.
A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something. -Frank Capra
A wonderful emotion to get things moving when one is stuck is anger. It was anger more than anything else that had set me off, roused me into productivity and creativity. -Mary Garden
Chaos in the world brings uneasiness, but it also allows the opportunity for creativity and growth. -Tom Barrett
Questions to ask:
- When do I feel spontaneous creativity?
- Where does my natural creativity most show up in my life? My work?
- What can I do to internally generate more creativity?
- How does trust, courage, safety, honesty, accountable, and values based relate to creative?
- What does creative feel like energetically? Notice it; experience that feeling.
To learn more about our Clarity words and using them to make a difference in your daily life, click HERE for a schedule of upcoming classes.