Collaboration is the light side of competition. Collaboration uses the energy of contribution to move a system to wholeness. It signifies a team approach. Competition uses the energy of self importance and signifies an individual approach. Within organizations and teams, an internal system based upon collaboration is highly effective when responding to external competition such as in the field of sports and business. It becomes ineffective when the competition becomes internalized and directed among team members.
As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration. Other people and other people’s ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life. -Amy Poehler
I enjoy being given a certain amount of freedom in order to interpret or to come up with stuff, but I do enjoy collaboration. I seek and thrive on projects where I am going to learn from the people I’m working with. -William Kempe
The one great thing about a continuing collaboration is that they know you. And if you’re really lucky, they really believe in you and think that your talent has some unending bounds to it. -Mark Ruffalo
Questions to ask:
- Am I being collaborative or competitive?
- Where can I and our team (family) increase our collaboration?
- Where have I noticed my most effective collaboration?
- How does dedication, ruthlessness, participate fully, coaching, kind and compassion relate to collaborative?
- What does collaborative, feel like energetically? Notice it: experience that feeling.
To learn more about our Clarity words and using them to make a difference in your daily life, click HERE for a schedule of upcoming classes.