Authenticity is the light side of Self Importance, a false sense of self. Authenticity is demonstrated when your thoughts, actions and your words are congruent. You do what you say and say what you mean. This results in a reflection of integrity and self esteem. You are clear about your strengths and weaknesses. Self importance is demonstrated when trying to do everything yourself instead of operating from your strengths.
Leadership is an opportunity to serve. It is not a trumpet call to self-importance -J. Donald Walters
A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small parcel. -John Ruskin
Self-importance is man’s greatest enemy. What weakens him is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of his fellow men. Self-importance requires that one spend most of one’s life offended by something or someone. –Don Juan
Questions to ask
- Today, what will keep my thoughts, actions and behaviors congruent?
- Am I doing what I say and saying what I mean?
- What are my strengths? Am I using them fully?
- How does gratitude, acknowledging, feedback, abundant, excellent and Intention relate to authenticity?
- What does authenticity feel like energetically? Notice it: experience that feeling.
To learn more about our Clarity words and using them to make a difference in your daily life, click HERE for a schedule of upcoming classes.